My Top 10 Favorite Lipsticks and Lip Glosses
I've tried tons of lip products over the years, and I have come to love certain brands, shades and textures. I have quite the collection of lipsticks and lip glosses but rest assured there are at least 10 of them that you will always find in my makeup case.
2) MAC Lipglass in "Sunny Boy" and "Pinkarat": "Sunny Boy" is unfortunately a discontinued shade but it's a beautiful peachy/coral shade with silver shimmer. It is really nice when paired with the MAC Honey-Flower lipstick. "Pinkarat" is in the Lustreglass family and is a sheer, high gloss pale pink with alot of shimmer. It works nicely on it's own if I just want a nice glossy look or I use it over a darker pink/plum shade of lipstick to soften it up a bit. I love MAC Lipglass because they are a perfect texture... very glossy but not too sticky, and not too thick.
3) Stila IT gloss in "Striking": Stila IT gloss is a bit thicker and tackier than MAC Lipglass but I still like it enough to keep it on hand. The "Striking" shade is a gorgeous plum color with lots of shimmer. It very much reminds me of MAC O Lipstick, but in gloss form.
4) Stila Long Wear Lip Color in "Rendezvous": I've not been a fan of the "longwear" lipcolors put out by most other brands, but this one is nice. It is in fact a long wearing lipstick but without the ultra-drying after effect that comes along with some other brands on the market. It goes on velvety smooth and lasts for the duration. It's almost like a stain, but in the texture of a lipstick. Rendezvous is a deep plum shade, so I like to pair it with the MAC Pinkarat lipglass to soften it up a bit.
5) Stila Lip Glaze Stick in "Brown Sugar": The Lipglaze Sticks look like crayons. They glide on like a lipstick but they have a sheen to them so it still looks like a tinted gloss as well. They have a lot of shimmer in them. The Brown Sugar Lipglaze Stick is a beautiful, plum shade that works very well with my complexion. The downside to these is that they have to be sharpened frequently. I really hate that about these sticks but I love this color SO much that I'm willing to overlook it.
6) Stila Lip Glaze in "Vanilla" and "Kitten": The Stila Lip Glaze is a high shine lip gloss that comes in a plastic tube with a brush tip dispenser built in. You just twist, click and apply. The Lip Glaze is pretty thick in texture but I still enjoy it. It's not so sticky that I can't bear to wear it. The Vanilla shade is a neutral, nude shade that works great alone or over any neutral lipstick. It is my absolute favorite Lip Glaze. The Kitten shade is bronze color with gold and silver flecks of shimmer. It is named after one of Stila's best selling eyeshadows, which I love, so I had to have the lip glaze. It is very pretty on its own as a neutral shade.
7) Philosophy Lip Shine in "Marshmallow" and "Candy Cane": The Philosophy Lip Shines are very popular and they come in many flavors. They are a very high shine, thick lip gloss in texture. The Marshmallow shade is a creamy, pearl type color but it goes on clear and frosty. The Candy Cane is a crystal clear shade that simply adds very high shine to your lips. I like to use this one when I just want a clear gloss without any color, or if I don't want to alter the color of my lipstick but I want to add some shine. The Lip Shines are indeed flavored, as the names would suggest.
8) Korres Natural Lipstick in "Natural Brown" (36): This is a neutral shade with some silver specks of shimmer, which reminds me of the MAC Honey-Flower. But I keep this one in my beach bag because it has SPF 10 in it. So I can wear this one out in the sun without looking all "made up" and it protects my lips from the sun's harmful rays. I love the texture, it is very lightweight.
9) Sonia Kashuk Hydrating Lip Balm in "Plum": This is more like a lip gloss in texture, but it is tinted with quite a good bit of color. This one also has SPF 14 so I like to keep it with me at all times. I like that it gives color, shine AND SPF all in one, and it's hydrating so it feels great on my lips.
10) Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Gloss in "Ruby Sugar": This lip gloss is pretty thick in texture and it is VERY pigmented, which isn't typical for a lip gloss. This shade is absolutely stunning... it is a rich red shade but it has enough plum tones in it that I can pull it off (true red doesn't work on me). This has plenty of color in it so I don't even need lipstick when I wear this shade. The only thing I dislike is the applicator. The brush that comes in this lip gloss tube is horrific. So I just use my own brush, and that solves the problem for me. It's a gorgeous color, and it's a long lasting gloss formula so I always have this in my makeup case.
These are my top 10 most beloved lip products!
Copyright © 2000-2013 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved