A Tinker Bell Christmas Wishlist
Instead of singing Jingle Bells, my three-year-old son sings Tinker Bells. That's probably because his big sister loves the Tinker Bell movies and the little fairy is ubiquitous in our home. So, naturally, our little Tinker Bell expert has a ton of favorite toys and books that will be sure to please your young Tinker Bell enthusiast.
2. Every story needs a villain. Fortunately for Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (see above), the sneaky, snarky Vidia from the first two films gets some redemption. It's a nice opportunity to teach your youngsters that even "mean" friends have their moments and can be remorseful and deserve support and understanding. But, of course, that means Vidia gets a starring role and deserves her own fashion doll. Because of her leading role in this newest feature, she will be harder to come by this holiday season.
3. You can't have a Vidia doll without a Tinker Bell. So naturally, a 10" fashion doll-like Tinker Bell is an essential part of a young girl's collection of fairies. My daughter got hers from Target for about $20.
4. My six-year-old is already a strong reader and loves the Disney Fairies series of books. Each one showcases a different character, many of whom will be unknown to viewers of the Tinker Bell films. But the story lines are fun and exciting, the details are rich, and the characters intriguing. It may take a little explaining, however, to understand why Tinker Bell, who is normally referred to as a tinker-talent fairy, is referred to in this series as a pots-and-pans fairy. The books are geared toward 7-10 year olds and have 10 chapters and just under 100 pages of large-print text with scattered color illustrations. One of my daughter's favorites in the series is Tink, North of Neverland, which features a guest appearance of Peter Pan.
6. Tink's New Friend is a cute coloring and activity book that follows the story of Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. There are sparkly stickers, coloring pages, connect the dots, circling activities, mazes, and even word searches. The answers are in small print upside down on the same page as the activity. It would make a nice stocking stuffer.
7. Pixie Dust Magic is a coloring and activity book, minus the stickers, that follows the original Tinker Bell movie. It contains connect the dots, coloring pages, fill in pictures, a brief storyline from the film, circling activities, color by number, and more. At $3.99 it's an affordable, fun-packed book for a 5-8 year old.
8. My daughter got the Jakks Disney Fairies Toys R Us-exclusive 10-pack for her birthday from her grandparents. The set features a few unfamiliar faces but includes all of her favorites and has stands for each of the pint-sized characters. It's a great (and affordable) way to give your child a complete set. Since the fashion doll size ones are $20 each, this $20 10-pack of two-inch-high dolls is a real bargain.
Copyright © 2000-2013 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved