6 AWESOME body products for dry skin FROM HEAD TO TOE!
Here is a list of 5 awesome body products to help combat dry skin from head to toe! From face moisturizer to foot cream, these products are the best of the best that's out there to help with dry, flaky skin.
- Let's start with the face. I get dry skin on my face and around the corners of my nose and have tried every department-store product, drugstore item and natural products only to come up with this skin oil as the best of the best out there for the facial skin; Mayumi Squalane Skin Oil. The cost is $14.49 on Vitacost.com and that is a great deal since squalane is from shark's liver oil and usually pretty expensive (squalene is derived from olives, so they are two different sources). This works better than jojoba oil or any other oil I have tried. It soaks into the skin well and gets rid of flakes. If you exfoliate beforehand, it soaks in really well and never causes any acne. You will notice high-end, expensive moisturizers out there contain squalane (either from the shark's liver source or olive leaf/olive sources).
- Next I'll tell you about the best available hand cream out there, which I believe to be L'occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream. This stuff is amazing (loccitane.com). It isn't exactly inexpensive, but it is worth it. The scent is an amazing, soft, baby-powder type scent (or it smells a bit like just a clean soap). It's 26 for 5.2 ounces in a metal tube where you squeeze the thick cream out onto the hands. A little goes far. If you exfoliate the hands first with a sugar scrub, then use this, it will soak in nicely. It's a bit greasy at first, so I wouldn't recommend using it while typing or driving, but before bed at night. The result; soft, silky and young-looking hands. This a must-have for nurses! This has 20% shea butter in the product (the more shea, the more expensive products usually are). Shea automatically has a high vitamin E content in it.
- For the body, a great nighttime lotion is Sleep Lavender Vanilla Body Lotion by Aromatherapy. This is just a great scent for trying to get to sleep and it's super moisturizing at the same time. It comes in a blue, glass bottle with pump up at the top. 6.5 ounces is $13. The scent is lavender with warm vanilla and the lavender is not too floral for the nose, just soothing. The scent is calming and the lotion makes the skin (from head to toe) feel like silk without being greasy. This has soybean oil and glycerin as moisturizing agents.
- If you need some heavy-duty body butter for the super dry areas of the skin like elbows and knees, ankles and other parts of the body, then Tree Hut Body Butter is your answer (in any scent). They have Shea, Brazilian Nut, or Coconut Lime in 7-ounce plastic containers for around $7.49 9 (drugstore.com). Brazilian Nut is very sweet (nutty, musky, cocoa-type scent) and Coconut Lime is just as it says; and very yummy (great for summer!). These butters are a bit greasy, and leave the skin super moisturized. They are thick (you know it's a "butter" when you can turn the container upside down and nothing moves). Some of the ingredients these butters have are; Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Kukui Nut Butter/Oil, and Safflower Seed Oil.
- For the feet, there is the best out there that is L'occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream which is $26 for 5.2 ounces. Yes, it is expensive, but this is a luxury foot cream. The peppermint and arnica in it soothes achy, sore feet. The scent calms and it is super moisturizing that I like to slather some on and then put comfy socks on for the night (so I wake up with super soft feet in the morning). It's great after you slough your feet as sort of a pedicure treatment for yourself. I don't recommend using it during the day, as you will slip around!
- Last, but not least for the feet, again is Avon Footworks Intensive Callus Cream. This has glycolic acid in it which sloughs dry feet for you. You can use it 3 times a week with socks and your feet will peel and the dry skin falls off. Then you can use L'occitane's foot cream on the other days (once or twice per week). You will have the sexiest, youngest feet for summer with these two products. The foot cream smells like luscious peppermint and sells for $5 normally, but often I have got it for under $3 during sales (for 3.4 ounces in a plastic tube). This is worth its weight in gold.
These products I have mentioned will have your entire body moisturized and looking great!
Copyright © 2000-2013 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved