A terrific French press for tea/coffee
Stylish, reliable, small footprint, very well made
I bought my first Chef's Choice Electric French Press back in 2002 and never had a problem with it until a couple of months ago when we accidentally knocked it down into the porcelain kitchen sink... Luckily, our hardware store carries it so getting a new one was quick and easy. :)
I recommend this French press because:
- It boils water very quickly (faster than the stove and microwave).
- It automatically shuts off when water reaches a full boil.
- It works wonderfully as a tea kettle.
- Its footprint is very small and the base is very slim.
- Stay-cool handle and lid.
- It comes with an extra lid in case you wish to use the appliance as a hot pot.
- If you brew loose black tea in it, as I do, after a couple of weeks the glass will become unsightly. Clean it in a wink by brewing some raspberry tea in it - it will leave your kettle sparkling (I kid you not).